Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Do-It-Yourself and Writing Outlines-ECI-2 3305

Hello students!

I hope you had a nice weekend and you are having the beginnings of a great week. I spent time this weekend with my family. It was great.

So this week we are talking about DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects. We've talked about things we pay people to do that we could do if we took the time to try. We've also talked about projects that we do to save money, to have fun or because we want to learn how.
Do you like DIY projects?

I like to try DIY projects to save money and to learn how to do it. Things like fix the bathroom sink or change the oil in my car. These are things I have done to save money and to feel like I am handy! My wife sometimes doesn't appreciate my efforts. One time I failed to fix the sink properly and we had to call a plumber! The job was too complicated for me.

I've tried to fix my sink. I've succeeded and I've also failed. 

What things can you do yourself? Cook, garden, repair your computer, sew? Why do you do it? Are you learning to be self-sufficient? How did you learn? These are questions to consider when preparing for the midterm exam.

Finally, I took a look at your writing outlines today. I am pleased with what I saw. Some of you wrote paragraphs (that were quite good) and some of you followed instructions and made an outline....Like this one:
This student followed instructions and wrote a well-organized outline.

We will soon start writing our first paragraph in Google Drive. But for now find an assignment you want to do and have it completed by Friday. Remember there is QSkillsOnline, the Help Desk or keeping an English Journal. You must complete about an hours worth of homework every week.

Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment