Monday, April 14, 2014

Midterm Review (Reflection and Preview)

So, last week we finished up Unit 3 on "Why are good manners important?" We then began our review for the midterm exam. Here are a few things that will help you prepare for the speaking and written exam.








SPEAKING EXAM
1. Prepare yourself to talk on a topic for 2 minutes. Our major themes have been: trends, colors and manners. Think specifically about how we have discussed these themes. Be prepared to discuss those themes with your partner.

2. Review all the chapters we have covered and find questions from the book. Look at all of the speaking prompts I have given you in class. Study those questions. Get comfortable talking for 2 full minutes!

WRITTEN EXAM
1. Remember, for the listening exam you should only write 1-5 words as your answer. Be sure to study ALL vocabulary words in the books. Be sure to see the vocabulary tree on Google + or Lecture Support (강의지원).

2. For the reading exam please remember to write full sentences. Such as "Where is Whit teacher from?-->Whit teacher is from America." Borrow from the question. DO NOT ONLY WRITE: America. You will not receive full points.

3. In the writing section you should be sure to INDENT, WRITE A TOPIC SENTENCE WITH 2 SUBTOPICS, and WRITE ABOUT THE SUBTOPICS.

For example:

Question: What do you like to do on the weekend?

              My favorite weekend activities are reading a book and hanging out with my family. I love to read books on the weekends. I enjoy sitting on my couch with tea and reading a novel. I also like to spend time with my family. We often go to the park or take a trip downtown for lunch. Weekends are wonderful because I have time to do things I love to do. 

Did you notice I indented? Mentioned two subtopics? And wrote only about those subtopics? Do the same thing!

Okay class! Make me proud! You have tried very hard so far this semester. Put all that practice and hard work to the test!

화이팅!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment