Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Perspectives

Hello History Class!

Thanks again for another wonderful class with thoughtful conversation and your undivided attention. I hope that my lecture was informative and interesting. Remember, on Friday, I will ask you to speak more than I did on Tuesday. We will discuss our thoughts on the readings we have done so far and talk about our thoughts on Columbus and the New World.

As you know, on the right side of my blog you can see several links for you. Here you can see readings, my presentations, other websites I think are good and a spot called "Misc. History Assignments." I will put .pdfs here that we might use in class. Now you can see a .pdf about your thoughts on Columbus. You can use this to help you prepare for class on Friday. We will discuss this question and start writing an essay about our personal thoughts on the question.

One thing I want you to think about as we look at America's early history is to try to see how it plays out from all perspectives. What were the Indians thinking and feeling at this time? Why did they respond to the Europeans as they did? Also, what were the Europeans thinking and feeling at this time? Why did they respond to the New World and its Natives as they did? It is important to think about historical events from all perspectives: the one who writes about it and the one who lived through it but may not have had the opportunity to write about it.


Please let me know if you have any questions. I will try to post here when there is relevant information for you about class!

No comments:

Post a Comment